Earth Day in Hudson Square!
Environmental sustainability is a core value of our community in Hudson Square. This April, we are celebrating with a roundup of Earth Day friendly Hudson Square companies, events and products:
- Aveda Salon: Did you know Aveda was the first beauty company to use 100% post consumer recycle PET packing and the first beauty company to manufacture with 100% certified wind power? Shop sustainably here.
- Arlo Hotel: On April 21st, eat, drink & support a good cause at this Earth Day Pop-up Shop! Vendors include businesses in jewelry, fashion, dessert, home goods etc….that are sustainable, organic, fair-trade, or natural. More information can be found here.
- Danny’s Cycles: This Earth Day, ditch your vehicle and commute sustainably! Check out options here.
- Terreform UR Books: Terreform is a non-profit 501(c)(3), urban research studio and advocacy group. Founded in 2005 by Michael Sorkin, its mission is to investigate the forms, policies, technologies, and practices that will yield equitable, sustainable, and beautiful cities for our urbanizing planet. Learn more here.
- Rent the Runway: Did you know that the retail industry is the second largest polluter in the world? RTR’s mission promotes a new sustainable cycle for fashion: rent, reduce and reuse. Learn more and shop sustainably here.
- Katchkie Farms: Katchkie Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm in Kinderhook, New York. Katchkie produce comes to New Yorkers through our CSA program, making deliveries around the city for 10 years. From the field to you in 24 hours– enjoy the best of the season’s bounty! Lear more about how to sign up here.