April 17, 2019
Now more than ever, it’s time to talk about the choices tech professionals can make to have a positive, lasting impact on the environment we live in.
Join Flatiron School and WeWork on Wednesday, April 17, at 6:30 PM in celebration of Earth Day for a conversation about elevating the sustainability movement in our current world, towards a set of regenerative social practices that will lead us towards a greener alternative future.
WeWork 175 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014
What to expect:
- Beats & Bites in an urban jungle atmosphere
- Sustainable giveaways (think succulents and S’well water bottles)
- Panel with Audience Q&A
We’ll be joined by representatives of some of the most influential organizations in sustainability & regenerative technology in New York City.
- Moderated by Eileen Quigley, Sustainable Operations Manager at WeWork
- Keynote talk by Debera Johnson, Executive Director of the Brooklyn Fashion Design Accelerator
- Becky Morrison, Founder of Globetops
- Kate Frucher, President at New Energy Nexus
- Rachel Steinberg, Sustainability Product Manager at Sidewalk Labs
- Henry Sztul, Head of BoweryOS and R&D at Bowery Farming
Bring your old laptops to donate!
Did you know that roughly 220 million tons of old computers and other tech hardware are trashed in the United States every year? And 50% of those computers are still in good working order. What if each of those computers ended up not in a landfill, but in the hands of someone in the world who needed one?
Join Globetops in making the unused, usable again. Bring your old laptops to the panel to donate directly to Globetops. A Globetops representative will be on hand to take your used devices off your hands and provide more information on their mission.
Learn more here.