January 20, 2022
Starting January 24, 2022, each Delivery App will require a license to operate in NYC. Restaurants will now have greater protections when they interact with Delivery Apps. But restaurants also have a few new requirements they need to follow.
New requirements for restaurants include:
- Any written agreement you enter into with a Delivery App must contain a provision allowing delivery workers access to your bathroom, with limited exceptions for health and safety reasons.
- If you request to receive data from Delivery Apps,
- You cannot sell, rent, or disclose customer data received from a third-party Delivery App, except with the customer’s clear consent;
- You must allow a customer to withdraw their consent allowing you to use their data; and
- You must delete a customer’s data upon their request.