November 1, 2022
The Digital Marketing and Communications Associate reports directly to the VP of Marketing and Communications. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Suzy Changar, VP of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Marketing and Communications Associate” in the subject line.
About the Position
The BID is currently seeking a full-time Digital Marketing and Communications Associate who will work directly with the Vice President (VP) of Marketing and Communications on a variety of projects and initiatives. This person must have a true passion for New York City and its unique neighborhoods, be intellectually curious, have a strong sense of design principles, have a love of language, and passion for social media.
Who you are
You’re a social media nerd, a geek who loves to learn new things and is innately curious. You thrive on knowing the latest trends, get excited about data, love New York City, and seek to inspire others by virtually connecting them with a vibrant community. You have a great sense of digital design. You are independently motivated but enjoy being part of a small, smart, highly competent, and accomplished team.
- Social media management (75% of the position)
- Create imaginative and engaging content
- Develop and produce all social media content and images
- Prep monthly calendar and weekly posts
- Gather, share, and respond to information in real-time
- Report monthly activities and observations
- BID Website
- Maintain and update the website daily. Including local events, posting articles, and creating content as needed
- Write and program monthly newsletter using MailChimp
- Photos and Videos
- Capture appealing content that tells the story of the neighborhood and the organization
- Maintain and organize Dropbox digital library
- On-Demand Design
- PowerPoint creation; responsible for storyboarding, drafting, updating, and finalizing all organizational presentations
- Custom Guides; curate and design guides and maps that highlight retailers by different topics and themes each month (1-3 per month)
- assist VP as needed for all virtual and in-person events, including Annual Meeting, Board Meetings, and outdoor programming
- Administrative duties
- included but not limited to maintaining the general information email inbox, ordering merch items, and general admin support to the VP as needed
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, graphic, and visual)
- Ability to capture the voice and tone of the brand and suggest improvements
- Strong sense of design principles and eye for taking interesting photos
- Good storyteller (verbally and visually)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress (or similar CMS program), and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, and meet deadlines independently
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, extremely organized, and both an analytical and creative thinker
- Sense of humor and collaborative approach to work
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Entry-level position
This is a full-time position, with medical, vision, and 403B benefits. The salary is $40,000-$55,000 based on experience.
About the BID
The Hudson Square Business Improvement District (HSBID) is a New York City not-for-profit organization. Our general purpose is to enhance the quality of life for the people who work in the Hudson Square neighborhood, and create a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable community. Hudson Square is nestled among the densely populated neighborhoods of Soho, the West Village and Tribeca. In the last two decades, it has become one of NYC’s Creative Districts, boasting a daytime population of 60,000+ people working in more than 1,000 firms in creative sectors ranging from technology, advertising, media, communications and other cutting-edge industries. Some of the Companies that call Hudson Square home include Google, Edelman, Glossier, Horizon Media, New York Public Radio, Wieden + Kennedy, Squarespace, Viacom, Warby Parker, and in the next few years, the new home of Disney.
The Hudson Square BID is a not-for-profit organization with seven full-time employees. The person in this position will be working in a small environment and is expected to pitch in on different tasks as they arise. The ideal candidate will have an interest in and commitment to the life of our city and our neighborhood.
To view a PDF version of this listing, click here.