April 13, 2022
Hudson Square BID – Summer 2022 Internship
The Hudson Square Business Improvement District (HSBID) is a New York City not-for-profit organization. Our general purpose is to enhance the quality of life for the people who work in the Hudson Square neighborhood and create a socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable community.
Programming Responsibilities: Approx. 13 hours/week
- Programming occurs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 11:30-2:30
- Meet maintenance team and help set up
- Be present during activation to count participants
- Help maintenance team breakdown event
- Capture counts/other information from each event for record-keeping
- Report on programming to staff each week
Operations Responsibilities: Approx. 5 hours/week
- Assist with tenant database update
- Gather building tenant information
- Database entry + analysis
- Research + validation
- Field observation/reports on Hudson Square crossing guard program
- Compile parking regulation information for Hudson Square
Planning Responsibilities: Approx. 9 hours/week
- Conduct field observations to collect data on public space usage
- Conduct intercept surveys of public space users
- Digitize, organize, and analyze data; develop reports
They must have good communication skills, a can-do attitude, and be a self-starter. Applicants should take direction well, and have the ability to follow through with projects independently.
Comfortable working on computers; proficient in MS Office Suite; working knowledge of MS Excel; knowledge of WordPress a plus.
While the applicant will be supervised by the VP Marketing, they will work closely with two departments which will require individual to remain focused and task-oriented.
This is a paid internship; commensurate with education level and work experience. Current undergraduate students, prospective graduate students, current graduate students, and recent college graduates are all encouraged to apply. Interest in public space management, programming, and placemaking a plus.
The Hudson Square BID is a not-for-profit organization with seven full-time employees. Applicants should be well organized, ability to work well both with others and independently, and have a sense of humor.
Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter to Suzy Changar at firstname.lastname@example.org.